Visualizações

terça-feira, 8 de outubro de 2024

My trip to Korea (and other stories)

I wanna use my blog more as a journal now. It makes sense for a lot of reasons, but also because it was precisely in Brussels that I started using it that way. Back in 2016, when I first came here to Erasmus, I changed the scope of this blog - as a reminder, Uspeti means success in Serbian and I created it after Nole won Wimbledon in 2011 to become world number one for the first time - and turned it into this sort of journal/reporting on my first big adventure abroad. You know what? Hang on a second, I'm gonna read again what I wrote back in the day. It's been a while.

Oh, God. This was therapeutic, nostalgic, wholesome and cringe at the same time. Gosh, what an amazing idea to keep it in writing. I feel so good after reading it. Now I can't develop much cause I gotta have dinner and then go out, but I'll continue this post. Maybe tomorrow again.

________________________________________//________________________________________

Damn. Just a bit more than a year later, I actually started a journal. I wrote it more often in the beginning of the year than now in October, but still, I've been keeping it on my mind. I'll write on it today too, and I'll mention that I wrote on Uspeti today - and I'm writing on Uspeti by mentioning I'll write on my journal too. Ah, nice.

The reason I opened this up again just now though, and having totally forgotten about this blog post, is because I think I should start writing a book. People have always told me that since I'm a kid, and yesterday at improv something rang a bell: when Dan asked me to name an action for my colleagues to mimic while acting, I said "you're moping the floor of a classroom after hours". He was like "no no, just moping the floor, Pedro always has a storyline already made". As I was like "oh damn sorry guys I'll try to be more specific" he finally said "not at all, keep it, it's good for improv". And this goes in line with what my therapist says: I have a lot of energy and creativity that I need to use. This is the time to, slowly, start writing a book. I'll start a blog post, in Portuguese, and if I have something to publish I will with no schedule, no nothing.

I also got a piano for that purpose. In fact, the first joint purchase with Sindi, whom I think it's the first time I mention in this blog post. I'm not feeling like playing it too often to be honest, though I really wanna learn, but having it here is already nice and I'll also slowly do it. I'm not in a rush in life. For a lot of reasons, I should remind myself of it.

Finally, I guess I'll leave some lines on Korea too. It was great, and I miss it. It's one of those trips that you know you'll remember forever while you do it, and of course, by then I thought it was time to end right when it ended. But I guess that's normal, specially in such a different place, but I feel real, real good looking back now. Still trying to find myself here - do I travel because I crave living somewhere else, or I'm really fine just traveling and returning to Brussels/Europe even if i then have these feelings of saudade? We'll find out together, even if together is just me and I.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário